Friday, January 28, 2011

Keeping my eyes on him

when I'm thinking "how am I going to make this work out" I need to stop and say - "no - Jesus how are You going to make this work out?"
In the natural sometimes things/situations in our life do not appear so good.  Maybe it's our job, finances, trouble in the home or even church, a child not going in the direction that you know they should be going.  A loved one that is lost, emotional and physical pains.  We become overwhelmed with stress and worry.  Why is it so hard for us to remember that our God is bigger than all of our troubles?  Did Jesus die on the cross for us to feel constant worry or sorrow?  Did he not come so we could live and not be bound by fear?  He rose again! so we could be victorious not victims! Our reward is in Heaven - not on this Earth.  That is our hope!  
If we can not truly believe that "God will make a way where there seems to be no way" then where is our faith?  What do we have faith in?  What or whom do you put your trust in?  Is it the one knows tomorrow?  Is it the one who knows the plans he has for you - plans that are good - the one that wants to give you a future and hope?
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Does that verse say "you know, or your friends or family know the plans he has for you"?  NO - it says HE knows.  Now that doesn't mean we can not seek advice or wise council.  God will place people in our lives at the appropriate times to give us a word and when he does we will get confirmation from him to follow those words.  
I write this as a reminder to myself today - a reminder of God's truth!  Not the truth as the world may see it, not the truth that I see in the natural.  I believe in a God that is bigger than my circumstances, bigger than my bank account, bigger than my storms.  If I don't have complete faith and believe then I have put God in a small box.  I have put limits on him as to what he can do in my circumstances.  Do we serve a God that has no boundaries, no limits?  That can exceed what we hoped or asked for?  YES - and we can not forget these things! for when we do the enemy has won! and that is not an option :-)
 

Isaiah 55:8-13 (New Living Translation)

 8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
      “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
      so my ways are higher than your ways
      and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
 10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
      and stay on the ground to water the earth.
   They cause the grain to grow,
      producing seed for the farmer
      and bread for the hungry.
 11 It is the same with my word.
      I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
   It will accomplish all I want it to,
      and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
 12 You will live in joy and peace.
      The mountains and hills will burst into song,
      and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
 13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
      Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
   These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
      they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment