Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Words are important

Words are important -

Job 15:3 The wise don’t engage in empty chatter. What good are such words?

No one is perfect, but are your words more pleasing than not?  Are your conversations filled with profanity?  Do people know you to be a Christian then see or hear your conversations and are able to say "wow - they talk like that?"  Should the words of our mouth not be held to a higher standard?

Job 15:5 Your sins are telling your mouth what to say. Your words are based on clever deception

Job 34:37 For you have added rebellion to your sin; you show no respect,and you speak many angry words against God.

Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you,O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Psalm 59:7 Listen to the filth that comes from their mouths;their words cut like swords.“After all, who can hear us?” they sneer.

Proverbs 2:12 Wisdom will save you from evil people,from those whose words are twisted.

Proverbs 4:20 My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words.

Proverbs 10:13 Wise words come from the lips of people with understanding, but those lacking sense will be beaten with a rod.

Proverbs 10:21 The words of the godly encourage many, but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense

No comments:

Post a Comment