Monday, February 14, 2011

Be My Valentine :-)

Valentines Day I am sure is hard or at least not very fun for people who do not have a significant other or even for people who can not afford to buy their sweety gifts (all the stuff the world has led us to believe is a must - jewelry, candy, flowers, etc.)  Knowing my husband loves me with all his heart, having his hand to hold, being blessed with his presence and support - that is my gift!  Anything that he could buy me will one day fade or be be gone.  I'm not saying presents are not nice but Valentines Day should not turn into a day of pressure, worry or cause a financial burden :)  

The greatest Valentine?  It is this - Thank you Lord that I am yours and you are mine!  God has my heart and he holds me in the palm of his hand!  Today I contemplate how much I love my Lord, my husband, family & friends :-)

What a great day to meditate on these verses - HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

John 13:34-35 (NLT)

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

1 John 4:9-10 (New Living Translation) 

9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

 

Zephaniah 3:17 (New Living Translation)

 17 For the Lord your God is living among you.
      He is a mighty savior.
   He will take delight in you with gladness.
      With his love, he will calm all your fears.
      He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”

Exodus 15:13 (New Living Translation)

 13 “With your unfailing love you lead
      the people you have redeemed.
   In your might, you guide them
      to your sacred home.

Deuteronomy 6:5 (New Living Translation)

5 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 

Deuteronomy 7:9 (New Living Translation)

9 Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands. 

Deuteronomy 11:22 (New Living Translation)

 22 “Be careful to obey all these commands I am giving you. Show love to the Lord your God by walking in his ways and holding tightly to him. 

to be continued.............. :-)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment