Thursday, February 10, 2011

PEACE

Webster's definition of peace -


1
: a state of tranquillity or quiet: as a : freedom from civil disturbance b : a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom <a breach of the peace>
2
: freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions
3
: harmony in personal relations
4
a : a state or period of mutual concord between governments b : a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity
5
—used interjectionally to ask for silence or calm or as a greeting or farewell
at peace
: in a state of concord or tranquillity 
 

2 Samuel 14:17 (New Living Translation)

Yes, my lord the king will give us peace of mind again.’ I know that you are like an angel of God in discerning good from evil. May the Lord your God be with you.”
Psalm 4:8
In peace I will lie down and sleep,for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
 
Psalm 23:2 

He lets me rest in green meadows;he leads me beside peaceful streams.

Psalm 29:11
The Lord gives his people strength.The Lord blesses them with peace.


I want to post more verses on peace later but in the meantime - What does peace mean to you?  What is true peace - peace through God?  How do we obtain true peace through him and with him?  Sometimes when we are struggling it is so hard to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment